How Implant Profiles Affect Breast Augmentation Surgery
By Sheryl Pilcher on April 08, 2015
When patients visit Accent Plastic Surgery in San Antonio, they know that they will receive exceptional care and achieve excellent surgical results. Dr. Sheryl Pilcher and her team work closely with all patients to ensure their surgeries are successful and that chances for complications are as low as possible.
Our team has routinely achieved great results with breast augmentation surgery, enhancing a woman's bustline and overall body contour using breast implants. The size of the breast implants isn't the only factor to consider when it comes to achieving great aesthetic results. Let's take a look at breast implant profiles and why those are so important to consider.
What are breast implant profiles?
A breast implant profile refers to the amount of outward projection of a breast implants. This is a distinct feature of a breast implant independent of its size.
Why do breast implant profiles matter?
A breast implant's profile determines the contour of the breast following surgery and also determines the amount of cleavage that is created. In some cases, the best results for a breast augmentation surgery can be achieved using a higher breast implant profile (more prominence) and a smaller implant size. In addition, the breast implant profile can help make the final results of a breast augmentation surgery appear more natural.
The Four Types of Breast Implant Profiles
The four different kinds of breast implant profiles are as follows:
- Moderate Profile Breast Implants - Moderate profile breast implants are considered a baseline in terms of projection and amount of prominence.
- High Profile Breast Implants - High profile breast implants have the most outward projection and create the most amount of cleavage.
- Low Profile Breast Implants - Low profile breast implants have the least outward projection.
- Moderate Plus Profile Breast Implants - Moderate plus profile breast implants provide a bit more projection and prominence than moderate profile breast implants, but not as much projection as high profile breast implants.
Selecting the Best Breast Implant Profile for a Patient's Needs
High profile breast implants tend to be most ideal for patients who have a narrower chest and shoulders. Low profile breast implants, by comparison, are generally more ideal for patients who have a wider chest and shoulders. Moderate profile breast implants and moderate plus profile breast implants are often most ideal for patients who have average frames and builds.
Other Factors That Affect Breast Implants and Surgery Results
In addition to the breast implant profile and the size of the breast implants, there will also be considerations made with regard to the following:
- Breast implant composition (i.e., silicone, saline)
- Breast implants shape (i.e., round, teardrop-shaped)
- Placement of the breast implant relative to the mammary gland and pectoral muscle
During your consultation at our practice, we will go over all options with regard to breast implants and their placement so that you can make the best possible and most well-informed choices when it comes to your breast size and overall aesthetic goals.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Sheryl Pilcher
For more information about breast implants and how they can enhance your curves and contours, be sure to contact our cosmetic skin care and plastic surgery center today. The entire team here at Accent Plastic Surgery looks forward to your visit and helping you achieve the look that you have always wanted.
Related to This
“If you need breast augmentation or any cosmetic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Pilcher....This has been the best decision I have made.” Quintessa M.