The Roaring 20s: Plastic Surgery for Patients in Their Twenties
By Sheryl Pilcher on January 05, 2016
Body contouring has helped millions of people refine their contours and achieve the defined, proportional figures they desire. While many people think of body contouring and other plastic surgery procedures such as face lift as being reserved primarily for people in their mid- to late-thirties and older, an increasing number of people are choosing to undergo plastic surgery in their twenties.
Although certain procedures, including breast augmentation, have long been popular among patients in their twenties, younger patients are now beginning to take proactive measures to prevent premature signs of aging from appearing on their faces. They are also undergoing a wider range of body contouring procedures to ensure that they maintain their youthful physiques as they proceed toward their middle aged years.
That having been said, there really isn’t such a thing as a plastic surgery procedure designed for patients in their twenties - or their thirties, forties, fifties, or sixties, for that matter. Every plastic surgery procedure performed by Sheryl Pilcher, M.D. at Accent Plastic Surgery is tailored to meet the unique needs of the individual patient, whatever his or her age. While the needs of someone in his or her twenties might generally differ from those of someone in his or her sixties, Dr. Pilcher makes no assumptions based on age.
If you are considering plastic surgery in your 20s, we encourage you to schedule your initial consultation at our San Antonio, TX practice today.
Procedures Commonly Performed on Patients in Their Twenties
Although there is no such thing as a plastic surgery procedure designed specifically for a patient in his or her twenties, there are some procedures that are more popular among patients in their twenties than others. These include:
- Liposuction: As a person reaches his or her mid-twenties, it becomes more and more difficult to get rid of those isolated deposits of fat that can form around the abdomen, on the thighs, and on various other parts of the body. Liposuction can be used to safely target these deposits of fat, gently suctioning out the fat cells while leaving the surrounding healthy tissues unaffected.
- Breast augmentation: This procedure has long been popular among patients in their twenties. Breast implants can be used to enhance breasts that are disproportionately small, giving women a fuller, more voluptuous bust line.
- Breast lift: As a woman approaches her thirties, she may find that her breasts are no longer as perky as they once were, especially if she has given birth or breastfed. Breast lift can restore the breasts to a more youthful position on the chest.
- Midface lift: It is unlikely that someone in his or her twenties will be quite ready for a full facelift. However, Dr. Pilcher can lower just the mid- to lower-face with a midface lift, addressing the initial signs of aging, such as fine lines around the mouth.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty): Eyelid surgery can help to make the eye area look rejuvenated and more alert.
Learn More about Plastic Surgery for Patients in Their Twenties
If you are in your twenties and are considering plastic surgery, we encourage you to contact Accent Plastic Surgery today to schedule your initial consultation with Dr. Sheryl Pilcher.
Related to This
“If you need breast augmentation or any cosmetic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Pilcher....This has been the best decision I have made.” Quintessa M.