Slow the Hands of Time with Plastic Surgery in Your 40s
By Sheryl Pilcher on April 06, 2016
The signs of aging tend to become more prominent in our 40s, leaving some patients ready to take steps to slow the hands of time. Fortunately, these patients have a range of options, including facial plastic surgery, to reverse the signs of aging. Facial plastic surgery can smooth lines and wrinkles, revealing a refreshed, rejuvenated appearance. Dr. Sheryl Pilcher offers surgical and non-surgical treatments to help patients achieve their facial and body rejuvenation goals. To discuss your options for plastic surgery in your 40s, contact Dr. Pilcher's San Antonio, TX practice to schedule your personalized consultation.
It's not uncommon for patients in their 40s to begin to see the signs of aging on their face and neck. Facial rejuvenation treatments can help smooth lines and wrinkles with or without surgical intervention. Patients who wish to refresh their appearance may benefit from such treatments as:
- Face Lift: Many patients in their 40s experience a loss of skin elasticity, which can contribute to facial wrinkling and hollowness. Face lift surgery can help diminish the appearance of jowls, deep lines and creases on the face, or loose skin hanging from the neck, helping to take several years off of the appearance.
- Blepharoplasty: Issues with the eyelids, including drooping upper eyelids, puffiness under the eyes, and wrinkling, can make many patients in their 40s appear tired or older than they are. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, can address these issues, creating a refreshed, more youthful appearance.
- Brow lift: For those who are unhappy with the appearance of deep wrinkles and creases on the forehead or between the eyebrows, a brow lift may be beneficial. Brow lifts tighten the skin and underlying tissues of the forehead to improve skin texture and create a smooth appearance.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: BOTOX® Cosmetic is a non-surgical treatment option to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. A single BOTOX® Cosmetic treatment can last as long as four months.
- Soft tissue fillers: Soft tissue fillers can help smooth lines and wrinkles around the nose and mouth to create a supple, youthful appearance without surgery.
Body Contouring Treatments
Patients in their 40s may find it difficult to achieve a toned, sculpted appearance with diet and exercise alone. Body contouring treatments can address stubborn fat and excess skin to create sleek and sculpted abdomens, thighs, or arms.
- Liposuction: Liposuction is a popular treatment that can remove troublesome fatty deposits from such areas as the stomach, thighs, hips, upper arms, and neck. Liposuction may be combined with other procedures for enhanced results.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, can address loose, hanging abdominal skin that occurs after pregnancy and weight loss or as a result of the aging process. The tummy tuck procedure can help those who are unhappy with the appearance of excess abdominal skin achieve a flat, sculpted stomach.
- Breast lift: Many women in their 40s notice their breasts have begun to sag either as a result of breast feeding, loss of volume, or simply the aging process. Breast lift surgery, or mastopexy, can help women who are unhappy with sagging breasts achieve a perkier, rejuvenated bust line. Breast augmentation may be combined with breast lift surgery to add volume to deflated breasts.
- Breast augmentation: Breast augmentation, or breast enlargement, can help add fullness to the breasts, increasing cup size or restoring youthful volume to aging breasts.
Rejuvenate Your Appearance with Treatment from Dr. Pilcher
For more information about treatments to rejuvenate your appearance, we welcome you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pilcher.
Related to This
“If you need breast augmentation or any cosmetic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Pilcher....This has been the best decision I have made.” Quintessa M.