Candidates for Skin Tightening after Weight Loss
By Sheryl Pilcher on June 21, 2017
Achieving your weight loss goal through either diligent exercise or after undergoing weight loss surgery is a huge accomplishment. However, for many patients, it can be anticlimactic and even troublesome when the end result is excess skin and tissue preventing them from enjoying daily activities and fitting into clothes properly. In some cases, overlapping skin folds can even lead to uncomfortable and painful irritations and rashes. In such cases, patients may want to consider certain body contouring procedures to help tighten loose or excess, hanging skin.
The best candidates for skin tightening after weight loss are those within range of their weight loss goals, but struggling from bothersome symptoms as a result of excess skin tissue. Dr. Sheryl Pilcher at Accent Plastic Surgery in San Antonio, TX offers a variety of body contouring procedures to remove and tighten loose skin so patients can achieve the body they’ve always desired.
Are You a Good Candidate?
You may be a good candidate for skin tightening surgery if you are in good overall health within healthy range of your weight loss goals, but have loose, hanging skin that is unable to be tightened through routine exercise. This procedure is commonly performed on a patient’s:
- Lower back
Skin Tightening Procedures and Techniques
Because weight loss affects a person’s skin elasticity differently, each skin tightening treatment is tailored to the individual patient. During your consultation, Dr. Pilcher will discuss your personal aesthetic desires in order to formulate a treatment plan unique to your needs. Dr. Pilcher will generally combine a number of body procedures into one treatment plan to help patients achieve their cosmetic goals.
Depending on the complexity and extent of procedures being performed, in addition to the patient’s overall health, some procedures can be combined into one surgery or will need to be performed over the course of several procedures to ensure patients achieve optimal results.
Treatment plans can include:
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck will address skin folds on your upper and lower abdomen.
- Thigh Lift: A thigh lift will create slimmer, more toned looking thighs and hips.
- Buttock Lift: A buttock lift will create a shapelier, more toned backside.
- Breast Lift: A breast lift will make your bust line appear perkier and younger-looking.
- Arm Lift: An arm lift will eliminate excess fat and skin from your upper arms, making them appear smoother and more toned.
- Body Lift: A body lift will tighten a number of areas on your torso and back to create a sleeker silhouette.
- Liposuction: Liposuction will remove stubborn fat cells in your arms, abdomen, back, and thighs that cannot be addressed with routine diet and exercise
What Are the Benefits?
Removing excess skin can create an even slimmer, sleeker figure and make you feel more confident in tighter clothing. Other benefits can include:
- Wider variety of clothing options
- Swimsuit-ready body
- Smoother, tighter body contours
- Elevated self-confidence
- More defined muscle tone
- More attractive and youthful appearance
Contact Us Today
If you are struggling with loose, excess skin and poor skin elasticity in a number of areas on your body after undergoing significant weight loss, you may be a good candidate for skin tightening surgery. To learn more about this procedure and how you can benefit from it personally, contact our office online today or give us a call at (210) 654-9900.
Related to This
“If you need breast augmentation or any cosmetic surgery, I would highly recommend Dr. Pilcher....This has been the best decision I have made.” Quintessa M.